I enjoyed my time away, but I'm sure glad to be home. It was too long (for me) to be away from my family.
I had a great time in Austin, TX, saw some great sights, and probably would go back (when it got a little cooler), but being home is the best feeling in the world. I was greeted by Nicholas when I walked in the door last night with a "I missed you mommy." God did that make me melt. He did not want to leave my side (which was fine with me).
I came home to a kitchen whose floor was washed, an empty dishwasher, NO laundry to do (except mine from the trip), a living room floor that was not cluttered with toys. I WAS SO HAPPY! I have the greatest husband for letting me go away to get the work experience for my job while he stayed home (24 x 7) with Nicholas for 6.5 days. I truly appreciate all that he does.
Here are some things I missed ...
8. Driving to work and singing along with the tunes on my iPod
7. Taking a hot shower (the hotel shower never warmed up)
6. Knowing that I don't have to pump my own gas
5. The weather (I can deal with temperatures in the 90's)
4. Having my morning/evening cups of tea
3. Nicholas' hugs
2. My family
1. This face (and gosh does he need a haircut) ....
Yep - glad to be back in Jersey!